Tuesday, August 28, 2007

For what am I most grateful? Least grateful?


This is a "Monday Meme" -- and since it is "technically" still Monday for me, I'm jumping in with my first entry into this category. (My days start around 11 AM because my husband works second shift; I go to bed around 3 AM -- and I consider it still the day I woke up until I go to bed. Does that make sense?)

For more info about the "Sleeping With Bread" meme, check out this link: http://ltuande2.blogspot.com/ It is an interesting story behind the name of the meme.

What am I most grateful for?
Right now, my husband and the life we have together and the love he gives me. He is a rock for me. And when I get upset about those things (below), he is the voice of reason, reminding me that my mom never intended bad things, she thought she was doing what was best because she loved me.

What am I least grateful for? Well, I know this sounds whiny and petty and really obnoxious, but the "trust" that my mother left me in her will. I'm pretty sure she had good intentions when she decided to do that, but it is extremely frustrating; makes me feel like a three year old instead of a middle-aged grown up; and there are days when I get so angry about it that I just cry in frustration at the bills we have, the repairs that need to be done on the old house we bought (with the understanding that mom said she would lend us the money to replace the windows and have the electrician come in to take care of a few things) and almost hate my siblings for how small and childish I feel when they seem to control my life instead of me having any real say. Hate is a strong word -- it is more like resentment, but it overwhelms me at times and paralyzes me because I know I am wrong to feel that way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your bread this week. The sense of powerlessness over the trust sounds so frustrating. I'm glad your husband is a rock for you.